Right now, there is no application available. The participant and observer submissions will be opened from February 2014 and on….
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 3rd 2014!
General conditions of the workshop
DOK.Incubator generally provides individual tutoring for documentary projects from the rough cut stage to its release. The participants work on the strongest way how to tell the film story and a clever distribution and marketing strategy that would bring the film to the international audience. You can join the workshop either as a regular participant (with a rough-cut) or as an observer for all three workshop sessions or if you are a local film maker, come to one of the workshops (Telc, Bratislava) to discuss your project on individual consultations (projects in any stage of development).
Since this year, DOK.Incubator and Independent Filmmaker Project (IFP) are cooperating.A selected film from DOK.Incubator Workshop 2014 will travel to the Independent Week /US/.
As a first you will be asked to fill in an on-line application (open from February 2014) with information about documentary, director, editor, producer and produciton company.
Then you need to upload the rough cut of your documentary and reference film of director
- if you haven´t got rough cut yet, upload the edited scenes (minimum 20 minutes) + script based on the shot material (an additional edited pilot of the film is an advantage)
- we accept a rough cut preview in the length of 20-90min, max. 2 GB (we prefer *mp4/mov format)
- all the visual materials must be subtitled in English (it does not have to be a perfect translation, but it should make the storyline understandable for the viewer)
The Application, including rough cut must be send by March 3rd, 2014!
- we accept only online uploaded videos (no DVD must be send)!
You can use these choices:
- wetransfer.com, myairbridge.com etc. (max 2GB)
- yourself ftp (max 2GB)
- Vimeo (only if is open to be downloaded!!)
2014 Workshop structure:
1st Session: June; Telc /CZ/ – ROUGH CUT
focuses on rough cut, international potential of the documentary, develops first draft of film release and distribution
2nd Session: August/September, Bratislava /SK/ – FINAL CUT
helps to finalize narrative structure of your film, gives you feedback from
professionals, helps you design detailed PR and distribution strategies
3rd Session: October/November, DOK Leipzig /DE/ – FINAL PACKAGE
presents your film at the Leipzig film festival, offers individual meetings with key European broadcasters, sales, festival selectors and distributors in the frame of DOK Leipzig market 2014