Workshop for Slovak documentary filmmakers
Applications for the three-day intensive workshop are now open.
The submission deadline is 19th March 2019.
What to expect?
The whole creative team (producer, director, editor) will attend a three-day intensive workshop in Slovakia offering expert advice from top-level editors, producers and marketing experts.
The workshop will be held in the first week of May in Slovakia. The exact date and location will be announced soon.
During the workshop, you will not only work in the editing room but also on a clever tailor-made marketing and distribution strategy on an international level with a production tutor. The programme also includes trips to DOK Leipzig and IDFA, where you will be introduced to key industry decision-makers and the festival programmers.
Both established and debut filmmakers gain precious feedback from a forum of international colleagues, enlarge their professional network, get the opportunity to develop the dramaturgy, financing and distribution strategy, discuss how to reach a wide audience and experience the competition they aim to succeed in.
Unlike the international dok.incubator workshop this support programme for regional filmmakers accepts projects also during the shooting period (that have filmed at least 50% of their material).
Please note that to apply, you will need:
- English-subtitled selection of your material (rough-cut, edited scenes, pilot, trailer, etc.) in the length of minimum 30 min. (max. 2GB, we prefer mp4/mov format)
- film treatment (max. 1 page) based on the shot material
- short synopsis
- short motivational letters from all the team members: producer, director and editor
- rough distribution strategy, including the estimated premiere time and place
- financing plan of the film
- stills from your film
- portrait photo of producer, director and editor, their CVs and contact details
- link to the reference film of the director
All non-English visual materials must be subtitled in English. It does not have to be a perfect translation, but it should make the story understandable to the viewer. We only accept digital files uploaded via the application form.
We guarantee to keep material you send us strictly confidential and only to share it with the selection committee for the selection purposes.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In cooperation with:
Podujatie finančne podporil Audiovizuálny fond.