Application 2018: DEADLINE JANUARY 31st
Application forms will be available in December
If you are experiencing difficulties with your application please call the office: +420 224 241 046
or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that to apply, you will need:
- English-subtitled rough-cut of your film or edited scenes in the length of minimum 40 min. (max. 2GB, we prefer mp4/mov format); an additional edited pilot/trailer/teaser of the film is an advantage
- one edited scene (max. 5 minutes) by applicant editor, preferably from the submitted rough-cut but if not possible, then some example of his/her previous work
- film treatment (max. 1 page) based on the shot material
- short synopsis
- motivational letters from all the team members: director, editor and producer (max. half-page)
- rough distribution strategy, including the estimated premiere time and place
- financing plan of the film (specify non-/confirmed funding)
- stills from your film
- portrait photo of director, editor and producer, their CVs and contact details
- link to the reference film of the director
Be aware that all three team members – director, editor and producer – must be available to participate in three one-week residential sessions in April, June and September. You cannot apply without an editor. Please book your editor in advance: for an editing period between the 1st and 2nd workshop, and for another between the 2nd and 3rd workshops. Please note that all the participants must be able to work in English.
You will attend three one-week residential sessions at different project development stages:
Last week of April – Czech Republic // ROUGH-CUT
Last week of July – Slovakia // FINE CUT
3rd week of September – Malmö, Sweden // NEAR PICTURE LOCK
Please note that all dates are to be confirmed
All non-English visual materials must be subtitled in English (it does not have to be a perfect translation, but it should make the storyline understandable to the viewer). We also recommend that English-speaking projects be subtitled (to avoid misunderstandings due to sound quality or regional accents).
We guarantee to keep the rough-cut version you send us strictly confidential and only to share it with the selection committee for the selection purposes.