Workshop for Slovak documentary filmmakers
The applications for the four-day intensive workshop are closed now.
The submission deadline was 18th March 2020. The next deadline will be in spring 2021.
If you have any questions regarding the applications email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect?
The whole creative team (producer, director, editor) will attend a four-day intensive workshop in Banská Štiavnica offering expert advice from top-level editors, producers and marketing experts.
Workshop dates: 26th – 29th August 2020
During the workshop, you will work in the editing room on you cut and also on a clever tailor-made marketing and distribution strategy on an international level with a production tutor. The programme also includes delegations at DOK Leipzig and IDFA, where you will be introduced to key industry decision-makers and the festival programmers.
Both established and debut filmmakers gain precious feedback from a forum of international colleagues, enlarge their professional network, get the opportunity to develop the dramaturgy, financing and distribution strategy, discuss how to reach a wide audience and experience the competition they aim to succeed in.
Unlike the international dok.incubator workshop this support programme for regional filmmakers accepts projects also during the shooting period (that have filmed at least 50% of their material).
Please note that to apply, you will need:
- English-subtitled selection of your material (rough-cut, edited scenes, pilot, trailer, etc.) in the length of minimum 30 min. and maximum 120 min. (max. 2GB, we prefer mp4/mov format)
- short synopsis
- film treatment (approx. 1 page) based on the shot material
- short motivational letters from all the team members: producer, director and editor
- rough distribution strategy, including the estimated premiere time and place
- financing plan of the film
- stills from your film
- portrait photo of producer, director and editor, their CVs (personal bio / a paragraph) and contact details
- link to the reference film of the director
All non-English visual materials must be subtitled in English. It does not have to be a perfect translation, but it should make the story understandable to the viewer. We only accept digital files uploaded via the application form.
We guarantee to keep material you send us strictly confidential and only to share it with the selection committee for the selection purposes.
There isn’t any submission fee. The participation fee for selected projects at dok.incubator SK (programme for Slovak filmmakers) is 400 EUR. The accommodation and food at the workshop and the catalogues for three team members are for free.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Podujatie finančne podporil Audiovizuálny fond.