dok.incubator Visegrad partnership is a project of mutual cooperation between dok.incubator workshop and four partners, active in the documentary industry and based in the Visegrad countries. The project’s aim is to connect these four countries and local film industry representatives while working also with film school students. The project brings international tutors, guests, and film professionals to the region to help local filmmakers and their films to become part of the international scene and helps develop a more sustainable film industry model in our cooperating countries.
1) Call for entries, projects’ selection (February 1st – April 11th, 2021)
This project period contains Call for proposals, applications’ admission, first and second round of selection of 8 documentary participating projects for the 2020 workshop. More information can be found here.
2) Film school seminar for students from the Visegrad region (between March 15th and June 30th, 2021)
This event consists of three seminars for film school students:
seminar for FAMU students (Prague film school)
seminar for VŠMU students (Bratislava based film school)
seminar for Lodz and Budapest film schools’ students.
We plan to hold 3 online seminars for film school students (from the departments of directing, documentary directing, editing, and production) with cooperation with the film schools and collaborating teachers to present actual information from the documentary filmmaking and festivals, using the experience of some of the most renowned experts in the industry.
3) Online International and Regional Workshops (between April 4th and May 5th, 2021)
The workshops (international, Czech, and Slovak) will be divided into three phases:
- online analyses and discussions of the participants’ projects, looking for the international potential with renowned international experts and tutors.
- connecting the participants and projects with their tutors and supporting them in meeting in the editing rooms to work on the dramaturgy and storytelling.
- planning the marketing, distribution, and production strategy online during sessions with marketing and production tutors.
- the program will be completed by special thematic sessions on the changing film market and the specifics and possibilities of an international film release.
4) Residential International and Regional Workshops (between June 15th and September 5th, 2021)
The event consists of three residential workshops for 8 international, 4 Czech, and 3 Slovak documentary projects.
(In case the situation with the COVID 19 disease will not improve we are prepared to hold this activity also as online/hybrid)
We plan to realize three workshops (international, Czech, and Slovak) for 15 participating teams as residential in the Czech republic.
The event will consist of a one-week long session for the international participants, 3 days long session for Slovak and 4 days long session for Czech participants + it will be complemented by online sessions of more general focus (marketing, distribution) opened also for film professionals from the V4 region.
The Open program (4 individual lectures given by the most renowned experts – producers, sales agents, festival representatives) will be a part of the workshop’s program, open to film professionals from the region.
International Visegrad Fund